Some quotes I like --> Part 2
These are some of the quotes that I like. This is part 2 because I have posted some by Winston Churchill already .
So here goes:
- "What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."
-- Bertrand Russell, "Skeptical_Essays", 1928
- Majority, n.:
That quality that distinguishes a crime from a law.
- It is said that the lonely eagle flies to the mountain peaks while the
lowly ant crawls the ground, but cannot the soul of the ant soar as high as the eagle?
- Conscience is a mother-in-law whose visit never ends.
-- H. L. Mencken
- People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of the future.
- An idea is an eye given by God for the seeing of God. Some of these
eyes we cannot bear to look out of, we blind them as quickly as possible.
-- Russell Hoban, "Pilgermann"
- The law will never make men free; it is men who have got to make the
-- Henry David Thoreau
- Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals;
cherish the music that stirs in your heart,
the beauty that forms in your mind,
the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts,
for out of them will grow delightful conditions,
all heavenly environment;
of these if you but remain true to them,
your world will at last be built.
- - - James Allen
- Nothing is faster than the speed of light ...
To prove this to yourself, try opening the refrigerator door before the light comes on.
- Politics is like coaching a football team. You have to be smart enough
to understand the game but not smart enough to lose interest.