- "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
- Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”
- "The Americans will always do the right thing... after they've exhausted all the alternatives."
- "Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones."
- "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has
- "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.” ( Reference to World War II
- "We are a small island but we are not a small people."
- “Never, never, never, never give up.”
- "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”